Wednesday, June 2, 2010

easily distracted...

Today I was planning to post about the fondant edibles I had made yesterday for the Fif's birthday cupcakes, however the day got away from me and the edibles were never created. {Cringes sheepishly}
The truth is that I was completely distracted, listening to a new musical artist I was recently turned on to, Joanna Newsom . Like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, what better place to start than at the begining {or near it, anyway} with her 1994 album, The Milk-Eyed Mender. I know that I'm a bit late to arrive on the scene here, however the impatient person in me is cheering wildly that all I have to do to hear more Joanna is to click on iTunes and buy another album!

In my ecstacy, I decided to do a bit of painting. I had been trying my hand at acrylics...but the enchanting melodies I was enjoying made me think that water colours would be the perfect accompaniment to such a "dish". The Fif joined me and I must say she enjoyed the music and painting session just as much as I did. Baby Liam-b slept cooperatively. We really had a wonderful afternoon and I am quite thrilled with this little Jackalope I painted.

I am vowing that today we will be back to birthday business. We will be a fondant-ing and tomorrow my hands will be stained with food colour as proof....but you know, I am thinking that a little Joanna Newsom might compliment some fondant shaping rather nicely as well!

Have a lovely day!
~a.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!