I wasn't looking to take out the sewing machine for this project and opted to use fabric glue and a blanket stitch instead. Using red and white felt I freehanded a template for two halves of the toadstool and cut out the white dots freehand. I didn't think this was a project that had to be precise... It was more fun make this way and I think it is adorable, if I can say so myself!
So I made a second one for one of our guest's baby brother who will also be attending these girlie festivities. As for me, I'm determined to get in all of this dress up cuteness before, like the Monks, my baby Liam-b is old enough to say "nay!"