Monday, May 16, 2011

A Wee Vacation...

I am pleased to say that as of today, I am a free woman! Yes, the spring semester at the college is over. I have submitted all of my grades + I don't have any classes to teach until autumn. Woohoo! I'm usually not a hot weather person, but this year, I am so excited for a summer vacation!I have to admit that I am one of those really fortunate individuals who loves their work; I love the classroom, I love the discipline of psychology + I love that the students are there trying to make their lives better through earning a college degree. And I guess that is why I regularly think about how I can be better at what I do. I want my students to love psychology as much as I do + not be discouraged by the new material or focus solely on how overwhelming the coursework can be. Sometimes having a bit of a les a fair make up policy {for exams + papers }can end up biting me in the a**. {Like when I end up grading a bunch of papers turned in on the last day of class} But even then, I feel like the extra work I put in is worth it if it helps the students stick it out through each semester; perhaps learning something new + enjoying themselves more than they thought? As I reflect on my first year back to work {albeit part time work}, as a mama of 3, I think it went pretty well. Sure it was tough {...more like "slightly inconvenient"} to balance work + home-life from time to time,{ ...epecially since most of the work I had to do needed to be done from home}but on the whole, the year was a success. And becasue I really enjoy what I do so much...and have been royally spoiled while working {having the opportunity to use my brain in another capacity away from little folk}, I know before long I will be wishing it was September. So what is a mama to do with all of this, ahem, free time? Well, you know how I LOVE making lists What do you have on your Summer To Do List?
xo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!