Friday, February 25, 2011

What's in the book pile right now?...

*************
So here are some of the books that are currently in my book pile...

Ofcourse, there is the obvious David Sedaris book club pick { I have yet to begin it...but I am looking foward to it all the same...as the author is quite brilliant}.


And then there are these other few books, the first of which was given to me at Christmas time...

...and then there are these next two that I picked up on Amazon.com....


I am particularly fond of The Encyclopedia of the Exquisite by J. K. Jenkins + Let's Bring Back by L. M. M. Blume. In additon to putting together a wildly interesting book of wonders from years past...well, I thought Blume hits the nail on the head particularly well when she talks about us nostalgic types, who on a regular basis are left to endure the extermination of our "sepia drenched outlooks" by the world's absorption in all things "faster, newer & better". I've so enjoyed learning about {or being reminded of} things, activities + traditions that I had lost track of; the elegant little indulgences that enrich our lives. I'm so looking foward to my quest to incorporate more of these things into my modern life. A challenge? I prefer to think of it as a bit of Carpe Diem; Inspiration!

And this last book, Bike Snob, is a little something I picked up for my Mister around Valentine's Day...since he is, without a doubt, a complete bike snob. {Sorry honey!} Such a fun + witty little book... I've found myself cracking up while reading just a passage here + there. A must have for anyone who is...well, a bike snob!

*************

So with that I bid you all happy shopping + reading. There is nothing better, in my ever so humble opinion, that a great something to read at your fingertips...especially in hardcover. After all, what can be more wholesome than a book? Shop on my friends, shop on!

Have a wonderful weekend!

xo.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good stack! I've heard excellent things about the Sedaris book and Encyclopedia of the Exquisite sounds like something I'd really like.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!