Monday, February 28, 2011

Hot for Teacher...{LMAO!}

Ok, so now I am dating myself...but I couldn't resist! Well, actually I am dating my husband since he was the one who spoke the Van Halen line Hot for Teacher last week when I was getting ready to go over to the college to teach a class. While I seriously doubt any of my students are thinking the same {God, let's hope not! They're more likely to be thinking, "why can't these psych exams be easier?!"}...I'm mighty glad to have a Mister who thinks so + is MORE than happy to tell me! Ironically, the burst of {albeit shortlived} warmth we enjoyed the weekend before last got me to thinking that I'll be due for some wardrobe changes soon. Sadly though, I realized had not taken as many photos of some of my favorite outfits from this past season as I would have liked. You see, between dropping a good amount of baby weight over the last months + actually having a reason {rationalization} to buy more dressed up clothing for work...well, I've found myself with a better {+ slightly more adventurous} wordrobe than I've indulged in owning in some time!
Mauve Tshirt: Ed Hardy {before that other guy took over and put his name on everything}
Jacket: Marshall's
Sweater Skirt: Target {circa 2008}
Tights + Boots: Anthropologie

It is quite a paradox, but between having grown up attending catholic school {uniforms} + the amount of tattoo work I have now as an adult, I tend to be a rather conservative {i.e.: boring} dresser. I love clothing with neat, tailored lines, especially in solid colors of browns, greens, navy and ofcourse, black. This past winter season, I've tried to change things up a bit by adding more color, some funky pieces, and even some prints {like these fun tights...thanks for the inspiration Nickey!} to my wardrobe. As the seasons change and the clothing I wear doesn't cover as much of my tattoo work, I'll probably back off on the prints {I don't want my outfits to clash with...well, myself!} However, I'm pretty excited to have taken a chance on expanding my wardrobe....and I really loved this outfit!

*************

What daring pieces have you added to your wardrobe over the last season? More outfits to come!

xo.

6 comments:

  1. Those tights and boots are so rad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband says the same thing to me. I tend to dress like a rockabilly or pinup type (but more on the conservative side) when I am outfitted for work. He always tells me that if I were his teacher, he would have definitely had a crush on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nova
    Amen sister!
    So fun.. so glad that I took the risk on the boots + tights...but seriously, whe it is Antro, how can it be bad, really?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit. You are totally hot for teacher. @ Amanda...my hubby says my teacher clothes make me look frumpy--they're girl cute, not boy cute. Oh well....

    I'm totally gonna look into some of the books on the list here. Love David Sedaris. He and I went to the same high school.

    BTW, I'm trying to start up a little feature on my own newbie blog that shows off teacher fashion, would you maybe be interested?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Leah Marie
    For SURE I'd be interested!

    And I LOVe that you and D. Sedairs went ot the same school! How awsome...his book Squirrel seeks Chipmunk is so twisted + brilliant...definately a worthwile, thought provoking read!
    a.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!