Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Thanksgiving Table

I would be lying if I said that Thanksgiving hadn't snuck up on me rather quickly this year! It is probably in part because we had some early holiday parties to attend, the Monks' NYC birthday trip...all happening right in step with our regular school/work/life activites that go on in November. And before I knew it, I was putting away the Halloween tree and taking out my Thanksgiving goodies. However, I thought that I remembered having more decorative this's + that's to put about? I have no idea what I thought I had, or where these items may have escaped to? I could only find my 2 pilgrims and the Thanksgving Platter that the Monks' made last year...

But here is the thing: as much as I enjoy, Thanksgiving, I adore Christmas and sometimes feel that the season can just go by too fast. So for the last few years, we decorate one of our Christmas trees {my gold tree} on Thanksgiving Day while we are preparing our feast. Our second tree, we usually buy on Black Friday Night and decorate so that our home is festive + ready for the Monks' Family Birthday Party that we host here each year, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It seems like alot, but it really isn't...it is a tradition of ours and it makes me feel like we really get the most time out of our magical, twinkling Christmas trees + sparkling Ornaments.


But I still needed something for on the table for Thanksgiving...and with only a week to enjoy my display, I wasn't looking to have to make a trip to the store or spend lots of money. Luckily for me I had a few grapevine wreaths kicking about so I spray painted one gold {you know I'm a big fan of gold spray paint!} + wrapped in natural raffia. These color combinations always remind me of harvest time. I hung it on a wreath stand; and for the big day, I will have a gold tablecloth and finish off the table with some off white candles. There is nothing better than comming around a beautiful holiday table with those you love.

xo.

1 comment:

  1. I love family traditions. We really only have a few that have stood the test of time, but as my kids have gotten older and have started flying the coop, I find I hold on to them even tighter.

    We're decorating early this year and I am so excited! I think I am going to do a little outdoors decorating today since I took the day off.

    Have a fabulous Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!