Wednesday, October 20, 2010

High School Reunion

Ok, truth be told, I never attended my high school reunion. I know, shocker there. However, this summer I came about as close to a high school reunion as I'll probably ever get...and it was wonderful!

So, this is my friend, Alison {just like me!}, in this photo above with my mister and I. Isn't she just the bee's knees? She lives out West now. Her fiance is from CA + she is from NJ, so this summer, they figured they would have a party on each coast to celebrate their engagement! I thought it was a great idea and was so excited to attend the shindig at The Annex in Asbury Park for drinks + hors d'oeuvres back in August. Later in that evening, we all gallivanted over to what is now my most favourite of restaurants, Trinity and The Pope, for some amazing + spicy creole cuisine. I was able to see my dear friend Alison, meet her beau, and catch up with a bunch of the people from high school that I was really looking foward to seeing. {Yes, I must also confess, that while I don't seek out many people on ye olde facebook, I am happy to have reconnected with some of my friends from highschool via the social network.}

I will admit to having mild anxiety about chatting with said friends that I had not spoken to in person in over 10years. But the night was a success and my touch of anxiety, for not. Alison + Raman are just such a lovely couple and we could not be more thrilled for them on their engagement. I was so happy to have been able to catch up with them + the rest of the crew from this misfit's high school reunion. And I am dying to go back to Trinity for some fantabulous jambalaya!

Thanks for a great night!

xo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!