Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Costumes...

So this little piece of work was what I bought to wear for the adult Halloween party we are attending this weekend. People, Iwould normally never have the nerve to consider such a get-up, however, this is a party being thrown by 2 fabulous men...I was told that risque was "the name of the game". My poor Mister {was attempting to get in my good graces after an insanely busy weekend a couple weeks back} well ...he actually agreed to be a sailor too! We were going to look SO CUTE!

*************
YEAH, but no one mentioned that this adorable model must be about 5'4, and that this pin up girl costume would look more like a shirt on my 5'8 frame. I will say though, that aside from shortness, the outfit looked really darn good on me! Unfortunately, my Mister's sailor suit was just as bad. If anyone could have pulled it off, it would have been him {that thin, long torsoed devil that he is}. But it was like second skin + left not a thing to the imagination. Both had to go... but the good news is that we have some pretty great costumes in the works for saturday night's festivities! An old suit from the basement... an old prom dress {oh yeah ladies, I got into it}...some vintage accessories from my mum's house, and ofcourse some sewing. Lots of little bits of sewing. I can't wait! Ah, but alas, I was feeling a little nostalgic today, thinking about Halloweens past... I can't get over that this photograph was taken just one year ago!


Me, pregnant with baby #3, feeling a bit houselike at 7 months in, sitting with the Monks + Fif before the school Halloween parade. It is amazing how much people, events, life...can ALL change in just a year. And you know, now that I think of it, I'm pretty excited I even got into that sailor dress...

*************

Anyone have any costumes ideas/ plans that they are willing to share pre October 31st? So excited to post our costumes on Monday!!

xo.




3 comments:

  1. Um, I kinda want your sailor girl costume. Just sayin'. That's damn cute.

    I'm going as a witch. Because my daughter told me that's the ONLY thing I can go as. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a Halloween costume yet!!! I haven't even had time to think of what to be. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm..i'm going to be boy george.

    hells yeah.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!