Thursday, October 7, 2010

chemistry + tea


I've spent the last 36 hours like this; in a teacup, trying to fight off this cold. Yesterday, I let my class leave after only 40 minutes {of a 2.5 hour class}, as I started to sweat when I tried to project my voice to read the powerpoint presentation I was giving on Classical Conditioning.
My voice was almost gone, my chest was tight, the one side of my nose was running profusely and my right eye had begun to tick a bit. Lovely. Happy Birthday, Alison.

I had to try not to get ahead of myself and get all depressed thinking that my birthday outing to NYC for dinner + a play tonight with my Mister would be ruined because I was feeling sick. I can get a little dramatically negative nelly like that sometimes. But alas, better living through chemistry proved out. I submerged myself in a steamy cup of Theraflu and am feeling much better than yesterday {no sweating, no hallucinations, lol} Huzzah! Well enough, infact, that I think if I keep myself resting + parked on the couch today, I will be feeling well enough to enjoy my special Birthday night tonight! Highly medicated on Dayquil, ofcourse.

Keep your fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great birthday night out! Terrible that you had to be sick, but here's to the marvels of modern medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG -- I just read this after seeing the "Happy Birthday" post this morning. Hope your medicine cabinet alchemy continued to pay off!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!