Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding, Part 2

::: 8.8.2010, the bride :::

::: the Lupai :::

::: I can't begin to describe just how completely overjoyed I was to see my best friend get married the Sunday before last. As much as I believe she and her now hubby are soul mates, so to do I believe that she and I were destined to be best friends. The thought that she + I did not speak for a time makes my head spin. Being there for her on her special day, seeing her in the moment she has dreamed of for so long; it meant more to me than anyone could have imagined. If I could have shouted from the rooftops, telling everyone who could hear to go out and forgive + forget, that life is too short to hold resentments, I surely would have. This moment made me so grateful for the good choices I have made {not only in this scenario, but others as well}. My life is so much richer for the people who are a apart of it, and this day illustrated that point with razor sharp clarity. :::
::: 8.8.2010, Mr. + Mrs. D. :::

::: this would be me...:::


::: The day could not have been more wonderful. The weather on the pier where the ceremony took place was breezy as could be {I was very grateful I had worn my hair in an updo}, which in addition to keeping us cool, was a welcomed guest as it muffled much of the dialogue during the ceremony... a.k.a, I did not start bawling until the first dance at the reception! And while I saw that planning a wedding, traditional or otherwise, can be a huge undertaking, in the end it all seemed to have been very worth it. I don't think I have ever seen my BFF look so happy + I don't think it is possible for me to be happier for them! :::

Check in next week when I post on the fun feather + leaf hair pins {see photo above} that I made to create this updo.
xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!