Wednesday, July 14, 2010

terrarium

I must apologize for not sharing this little bit of wonderful with you all earlier. I have been so caught up with painting, finding supplies + working out the specifics for my shop that my tiny little worlds have been sitting patiently on the sidelines. But that is the neat part about a terrarium, they really do quite well without a whole lot of attention! All the same, here they are to make their debut.
***************
I was reminded of making these when I was watching the movie Penelope some weeks ago. {Can I tell you how much I covet Penelope's wardrobe...especially her green heels right here. Sigh} The terrariums in the movie were in beautiful cloche bell jars and sat individually upon pedestals of varied heights; just dreamy. I googled instructions which turned out to be a bit different from the terrariums I remember making as a child. I set off to buy my pebbles, activated charcoal, moss, apothecary jars and other thingamajigs. My older two kiddos had a great time helping me put these together and I was so smitten with how they turned out that I decided to make this last one to give as a gift.

What Fun!
********

8 comments:

  1. How cute! I imagine your yard is filled with fun little fairy houses, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo..those are fabulous!
    Can't wait to see your shop items..
    xoxo~
    Abbie
    The Vintage Moth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda want to make one of these now! Super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your terrariums! The long tall ones are cool. My fav is the one with the little deer peeping out though.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the short round one. a perfect spot for a gnome to abode!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever since I've stublem upon your blog, I've been obsessed with these sweet terrariums! I'll be sure to let you know when mine has been completed! <3

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!