Saturday, June 12, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

I apologize for having been remiss in not taking a moment to say just how much I adore the new Alice in Wonderland movie that came out on DVD last week. Ofcourse, I'm certain you would have guessed that. Yes, you would have! This movie goes right to the top with some of my other favourites including Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Nanny McPhee, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Penelope, and the like. You can see the pattern emerging here, can't you? Besides the obvious visuals, what I am also enjoying is the fabulous score; and this song in particular.



The Fif and I have been jamming out to this tune lately. {Sheepishly, the movie kind of plays on repeat some days.} At the risk of being completely corny, the song kind of speaks to me; kind of makes you feel empowered in an Avril kind of way. And I think many of us can relate to feeling like the world is kind of strange + confusing at times; whether it be global or personal level.

So enjoy the tune, watch the movie if you've not yet had a chance to and Mr. Burton, my hat is off to you! Have wonderful weekend everyone!

2 comments:

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!