Wednesday, May 12, 2010

the renegade craft fair

One of the little treats I gave myself for Mama's day this past weekend was some quality time at the computer. I write most of my posts in my notebook while I'm feeding a baby or am on location at a park or in the backyard and then type them later...usually while standing...and making dinner...

However this weekend I did not do much as much writing as I did reading. I find it to be slightly ironic that I began my blogg, My Sweet Babu just at this time last year! There must be something to the spring that gets me all ambitious feeling and ready to be inspired. Perhaps it is because the days are longer? Suddenly wonderful projects are everywhere and the idea of sneaking some time at the canvas or at sewing machine does not sound so daunting.

Last year I did my first craft show... I put together some things that I had made at home but I felt like it was more about creating a sale worthy inventory that it was about me being artistic; my heart was not totally in it. So for now I am following my true calling: SHOPPING {not necessarily buying}. I love finding unique little things; the diamonds in the rough. Sometimes I just go shopping for an idea and will see about giving it a go myself. {I do this alot in Anthropologie...just can't spend at those prices regularly}.

On my quest to be inspired, I remember a friend of mine sending me a link to The Renegade Craft Fair last year. We had missed the dates for the one closest to us in Brooklyn, NY...I almost cried. It looked like such an amazingly good time! So amidst my computer time this weekend, I've been plotting to see if I can get there on June 5th or 6th. I'm determined. I urge you to check out their site, store and to see if you might get to one of the shows nearest you! As for me, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can make it there!
~a.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!