Thursday, April 29, 2010

reasons to celebrate

{This Moment} This photo isn't exactly a "moment" from this week, however it is connected to something very special that happened this week. My cousin Jessica is a photographer and she took this photograph, along with some of the others I post from time to time. {You can tell which are hers...they're the really good ones!} After years of working full time and "moonlighting" as a photographer {which essentially ended up being a full time job in itself}, Jessica announced this week that she would be leaving her day job to focus completely on her photography business.

I can't think of someone who is more talented or who has worked harder to make this big step possible! I can never thank her enough for capturing such important moments in time, like in this photograph where my smallest guy is just one week old. To see how much he has changed in the 3 months since this shoot took place makes me cherish these photographs more than you can imagine.

It is wonderful to see those you love following their passion and talent. This is surely a reason to celebrate!

Have a fabulous weekend...see you Monday!
~a.

P.S. This morning I did indeed find the fugitive glitter in the Fif's closet. Surprise, surprise!
For more of Jessica's work, visit http://www.jessicamorrisy.com/









4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your cousin! It takes a lot of courage to give up the "real job" and follow your dreams. And by the looks of her photos, she'll do just fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a heavenly moment. Keep it in your heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a pic. one of the best ive ever seen.
    thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much alison! I was floored that you took the time to write a post about me. I can't even tell you how much it means to me. I love you tons:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!