Wednesday, April 28, 2010

the flipping glitter

One might assume by the title of this post that I would be talking about the presence of glitter; on the floor, in the hair, just about anywhere you can think of. I'm sure many a mama has embarked on a glitter inclusive craft with their kiddos, only to be left saying, "flipping glitter!" However, today, my use of such unlady like language stems from a lack of glitter. Indeed, just three days ago I purchased some wonderful Martha Stewart super fine glitter and, get this, a glue PEN for a project I was hoping to complete this week. This purchase just about rocked my world and I was so excited to get to work this afternoon... But alas, there was no glitter to be found...

I had given the jar of glitter to the Fif in the car on the way home from the store to hold and I don't think it ever made it into the house. Normally, this would not bother me so much... Honestly, I just had way too much time on my hands yesterday...the baby was napping, Monks was at a playdate and the Fif was manageable. Instead of enjoying the peace, I decided to obsess about the flipping glitter. I looked everywhere; all but tore the car apart and still, nothing.

In the time it took me to tear through the car, every drawer I could think of and have a mini temper tantrum, I probably could have gone to the store, bought more glitter and driven home. Today is a new day, though. Unless my husband managed to find the flipping glitter last night, I'll be off to the craft store this afternoon and will hopefully be begining my little project shortly after returning home.

I am fully prepared for the fugitive glitter to reapper tomorrow night once said project is complete.
~a.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...especially if they are nice! So post away friends, post away!